Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another successful grocery outing!

My schedule has been thrown off just a bit keeping Rachael this week. But, I wanted to report the grocery total for the next 2 weeks. I have in the budget $150. Well, last night we went (we...meaning hubby and kids!). Yes, I know...I was just asking for trouble taking the whole bunch! But, we did fairly well. The total was $150.27! This included all dinners, lunches, snacks and I started picking up baking supplies for the Holiday goodies that are going to be made. Now, there were some things slipped in the buggy...ice cream being one of them, but for the amount of groceries we got I am very pleased! We just shopped at Aldis this time...and I am so impressed I may do that from now on. Just stopping to get detergent and hygiene things at Wal-Mart. I cut down on the sweets and replaced it with extra sugar, flour, coconut, cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. This will be made into homemade goodies for consumption for now and for gifts at the Holidays.

I am starting to put together my Christmas list for goodies to be made. I am also still working on my homemade gifts. I promise I will post some pictures when complete! I know that this Christmas is going to be a very...very...very frugal one! My hopes is to have Christmas complete by the end of November! Fingers crossed!!

No comments: