Thursday, October 16, 2008

Enjoying God!

I have noticed the wonderful colors starting to appear on the mountains here in Western North Carolina. Is God not awesome?! He created such breath taking beauty for us to enjoy! These are pictures from my front porch....




All of this beauty and I don't even have to leave my front porch! I'm trying to slow down and appreciate all that God has given me. How many times have I not looked at His beautiful and wonderous creations?! How many times have I let life distract me from this beauty?! Again, I have been distracted by the world and what it offers! I challenge myself every day now to slow down...look at the beauty of creation! Have you noticed the beauty in your husband's eyes as he looks at you? Have you heard your children's laughter...I mean REALLY heard their sweet giggles? Have you savored the loving hugs and kisses that come your way from your kids and hubby? Have you thought about the clean water that you drink? The food you eat? God has provided so much and created so much beauty for us to enjoy! May we all slow down and enjoy!


Psalm 34:1-3 NLT
I will praise the Lord at ALL times.
I will constantly speak His praises.
I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness;
let us exalt His name together!

No comments: