Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A successful grocery trip!

Okie Dokie! I'm back from my shopping trip. It took longer than usual because I surfed the clearance racks at Wal-Mart. But, here is my total....are you ready? $149.97! I was 3 cents under my budget!! Yea me!! Yes, it's the small things in my life! Lol! But, really I am very encouraged to hit under my budget this time because this trip had things that my future trips won't have. I had to get detergent, bleach, freezer bags and I got a $5 Christmas gift. So, I am hoping the next trip will be even lower than my $150 for 2 weeks. Jeff was saying that his winter hours will start soon; which means even a lower paycheck. Ugh!
Now I have had people (the mockers and nay sayers to living on a budget) say that I couldn't have possibly gotten enough food for 2 weeks (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for that amount. First, let me say that there are those that can feed more people for less than that! My heroes! But, here is pictures of my haul!


And another angle of my haul!


I know that you can't see a lot of the things clearly because they were stacked on each other; but this is just for you to get an idea of how much food there was. I have been told so many times how impossible it is to stick on a budget. It is hard! Trust me! I struggle everyday! But, you can eat well and live well without all the stuff! Something I wished I realized a lot sooner than I did! I could have saved us so much money!! I could have been debt free!! Ugh! I could kick myself!
There is lots of room for improvement and lots of tweaking that needs to be done to my budget, but I will NEVER EVER do without a budget again! (picturing "Gone with the Wind" while typing that! Lol!)

No comments: