Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend update!

This weekend was a very busy one! We got up early on Saturday morning and we went to set up our yard sale. We have to go somewhere besides our house because we live in a very rural area. We set up outside of Jeff's work (permission was given!) and started the yard sale. We did okay....not as much as I would have liked. We didn't even make a $100. But, we did make some money. What was really sad was an elderly lady stole some belongings from us. She had a box of curtains in which I was selling and I guess she stuck some things under the curtains. She waited until I was busy and put the stuff in the car and then told Jeff she owed him $2.50. We had bagged up each individuals items so we knew exactly what was sold and what was not...well, we got to missing sweatshirts and jeans. Jeff asked if I sold them...I had not, and we concluded that this lady was the only one that neither of us had totaled up her items. It made me mad, but at the same time I have to think how desperate she had to be to steal from a yard sale! How sad! We packed up after 4 hours of selling and headed home. We arrived home and ate lunch and set out to Mom and Dad's to help them put new siding on one side of their house. We worked until dark and still didn't get it all done! We were exhausted!
On Sunday, we had church. Afterwards, we had to unload the van of yard sale stuff that was not sold and put away for a future yard sale (I am following Dave Ramsey's advise about selling so much stuff your kids grow nervous that they are next! Lol!). I made lunch and we took a long deserved nap! Weekends go by so fast! You blink and they are gone!
Today I am having to play catch up on housework and laundry from the weekend! I am hoping to be caught up enough to make some banana bread later this afternoon! Yummy! I guess I better stop and get busy or else I won't get my list completed! I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed weekend! Happy Monday! Yes, that was sarcasm! Maybe with another cup of coffee and handful of M&Ms....but, I'm not holding my breath!

No comments: