Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cold Yard Sale!

We had decided to have another yard sale today. The rain cooperated and the skies cleared....we thought we were in good shape as we loaded up the van to drive to Jeff's place of business to hold our yard sale (we live in a rural area with not a lot of traffic). So, we got there and started setting up. The wind started blowing and our clear skies turned into a gray cloudy one. But, yet we continued to set up. We had a total of 4 people!!! No one was stopping! It was so cold that we spent most of the time huddled together in the van trying to stay warm! But, on the bright side, we made $27! Hey! That's $27 more than what we had! We packed up after 2 1/2 hours and made our way back home where I enjoyed a piping hot cup of coffee! I'm afraid that our yard sale Saturdays have drawn to a close with the cold weather setting in. I have had no response from any of my many evening job applications either. I guess the economy has slowed that down too. Ugh!
But, on the bright side, I love fall and the many colors it has to offer. I love the chill in the air (except during yard sales! Ha!). I love the warm stews and soups that now can be fixed. I just need to focus on my many blessings and not the negative stuff. So, with that said....I think I will go and enjoy another cup of hot coffee!

1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Well $27 is better than nothing, right! I love the fall too, it is my favorite time of year!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com