Friday, January 9, 2009

Weekly Wrap-up

It's Friday already!!
I have just finished with all of my cleaning. I like to clean really well on Friday because during the weekend cleaning is not a priority. I have gotten caught up on all of my laundry and now just have to put it away. I will vacuum out my van today too before I pick up the kids at school. I was going to start digging out the summer clothes to take to the consignment shop....but, that will have to wait until Monday. I am cooking my chicken and will have chicken tonight; as well as; freeze some for other meals.
Now for the weekly wrap-up!
I did my menu plan for the next 2 weeks and went grocery shopping. I was able to lower my bill slightly, but this shopping trip there were no cleaning supplies like detergent. I called the cell phone provider and dropped my coverage to the lowest plan available. We did not eat out at all this week and I made everything from scratch. I was able to work at the Bridal shop more this week than I had in the past...a total of 10.5 hours this week and I will have the Bridal show this Saturday(I will take my lunch to this too!). There were no purchases made on anything! This week has been a success on the frugal front. However, emotionally it has been rather draining (note the prior post!). Spiritually, I feel God is showing me things and doing things in my life that will help me in the long run, but boy do they hurt now! I am trying to keep myself out of a shame spiral for allowing some things to go on in my life. I am surrendering things in Prayer more than I have in the past and trying to place my trust completely on my Heavenly Father! Each time I feel myself thinking about or trying to take the burden back that I just prayed about I remind myself of God's love for me and that He has it under control! Although this week was very trying in some areas, I feel it was a success!
I wish everyone a great weekend! I'm unsure if I will be able to post anything during the weekend. If not, I will catch everyone up on Monday!

No comments: