Monday, August 11, 2008

Eyes open!


What a beautiful day outside today! Autumn and I got out fairly early to enjoy the day....well, if you call pulling weeds, enjoying the day! Our poor grass is brown and crunchy from the drought, but the weeds are growing and green! Go figure!

I found myself thinking about how Good God has been to us. I think I tend to overlook the blessings in my life! Pastor Mark mentioned in his sermon yesterday, that life gets so busy or we just get so wrapped up in ourselves that we miss what God does in our lives. The miracles that He gives us day in and day out. I watched Autumn play and began to thank God for her! I began to thank Him for my son and husband! Friends and family! My home! The food and other provisions that He has given! None of these are small things! Other people in this country and other countries are going through hardships and facing difficulties. Now I'm not saying that I am not facing any difficult situations! I am! But, instead of dwelling on those hardships; I am going to start looking at my blessings! My hopes is through any difficulties or hardship in my life that I will be able to learn and grow from them. But, not to focus on them, instead to focus on the many blessings and miracles God has graciously given me!

And so I start this week with a new outlook! A new appreciation for things lost or overlooked! I will open my eyes to see all the wonderful things that God has supplied, all the precious people that He has placed in my life. The sunrise (okay, who am I kidding....) the sunset, the flowers, butterflies and birds....just look around! So much to see! To admire! To be thankful for!

No comments: