Saturday, August 2, 2008

A day at the Fair!



Today we went to the Burnsville Craft Fair. It was a good hour and 15 minute drive, but with 250 booths well worth it! Once we got there it looked a little like rain, but it quickly cleared up to be a VERY HOT day! Luckily, I packed some water and snacks for us to enjoy! (More frugal than buying there! Or as my teenage son would say..."Mom you are cheap!" lol!) But, that didn't stop us from splurging and buying a funnel cake! MMMMM, funnel cake! Yummy!

We saw candles being made, wool being spun into yarn, and glass blowing. They had an exhibit of civil war weapons and clothing worn back then. It was interesting.

Then we went to Spruce Pine and Little Switzerland. Ugh! The curves on that road....let's just say, I was very tempted to hang my head out the window like a dog! I was getting so car sick! How Autumn fell asleep, I will never know!

All in all, it was a really nice day...when my son didn't whine about being hot...or bored...or the crowd! I guess as a teenager, a craft fair isn't really high on your list of things that you want to do! But, hey! He got a funnel cake out of the deal! He can't whine too much!

No comments: