Friday, March 27, 2009

Confused!

I would say thank goodness it's Friday, but I have to work from open to closing tomorrow at the Bridal Shop. Ugh! Not looking forward to it. I have asked off for every Sunday, but that was denied. I do get this Sunday off though, I guess to pacify me. I asked to have my hours reduced so that I could spend time with my family...that was also denied stating the reason that they are short handed right now. So, I am praying on what to do. We still need the money...we still have debt that needs to be paid off. The sacrifice is my family time. I'm not sure what to do. Dave Ramsey says that it's only a "season" kind of thing. I'm just so concerned that I will miss my kids growing up years because of work, not to mention Jeff and I not having any quality time together. Let me just explain a little my hours....Jeff works during the day, he gets off at 4 p.m. (right now winter hours, may change to 5 soon!). Jeff doesn't get home until 4:20 or so...I have to be at work by 5. He comes in, I tell him about dinner or what Trent and Autumn has to do that evening and then I leave. We have maybe a 5 minute conversation. I don't get home until 10 p.m or later (depends on when we get to start closing). Autumn and Trent are in bed and Jeff is fighting to stay awake. I eat dinner (real healthy to eat before going to bed! Huh?!) and we chat for maybe 15 minutes and then head to bed because Jeff and I get up early for work and school. Then I work every weekend...Saturday I have to be there by 9:15 a.m. and I don't get home until 8 p.m. Then on Sunday I am there anywhere from 11:00 to 1:00 p.m. until 7:30. I may have one night off during the week. My family is getting frustrated with me being gone so much in the evening and weekends...I'm getting frustrated. I know that retail jobs involve week nights and weekends...I just wasn't aware that I would have to work them all the time.It is going on 4 months since I have had a weekend off! Am I just being whiny? How long should I do this? Until my credit cards are paid off? That would be a year or more. I don't know what to do! Jeff is saying quit...God will provide. What if He provided this and I just throw the opportunity away? I'm so confused! Family is really really important to me! Not to mention, not being able to attend church!! I always promised myself that I would never neglect attending church and getting the spiritual nourishment that I so desperately need and here I am doing it! I always said family before work and here I am putting work before family! I beg you out there!!! Don't ever get into the bondage of debt!! This is just a little of the strife it brings into your life!! Nothing is worth neglecting your family and faith! No new car, no new clothes, or the latest and greatest little gadget you just have to have is worth the bondage it brings with it!

No comments: