Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update on Life

Gosh, it's hard to believe that it's been almost 5 months since I have written on my blog! Wow!
Let's see, I have learned to do some canning!! I'm super excited! It's so easy y'all!! I can't believe that I was nervous over doing it! I made eight 8 oz. jars of strawberry jam! I can't wait to can some more! I do need to invest in some canning stuff, but I used regular stock pots and it worked out fine. You just make sure the jars do not rest on the bottom of the pot. I placed jar rings on the bottom and placed the jars on them to process. If you are nervous about trying...don't be!! I just followed the directions and went step by step and it worked out great!
I'm growing a bigger garden this year too. We worked really hard this spring clearing out a larger spot for the garden. Now, if my plants will cooperate and not die on me! Lol! My tomatoes are looking great, my cucumbers, squash and beans not so much.
On another note about veggies, we went to the Farmer's Market and I was amazed how much money you can save!! Soooo much cheaper than the grocery store!! The only draw back is that it's 30 minutes away.
We are still on a really tight budget...really tight! I won't go all into the financial stuff we have faced these past 6 months, but let me tell you....it has been ROUGH! Wouldn't you know it, as soon as we completed Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, things seemed to get worse! But, we are pressing on. Our emergency fund is gone, so we need to start all over on that. Ugh! I am struggling trying to figure out how to bring more money in. I even debated going back to work! I checked on summer and after school daycare...WOW! I wouldn't be bringing home more than I am now. It's crazy! I am praying that God will give me direction and wisdom! I'm so tired of being broke and in debt up to my eyeballs! Ugh!
I will try to do better in blogging. I can't believe that I have let it slip away like I have. I'm hoping to change that though!

No comments: