Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fast and Quick Breakfast for the Kids

I don't know about you guys, but in the morning we struggle getting ready in time for school. So, I am constantly looking for quick and easy breakfasts that the kids can grab in a hurry. I do the typical cold cereal and pop tarts, but I wanted something more. So, I read where you can make pancakes and freeze them. Perfect, hot breakfast that will be fast, but I also need cheap! Looking at the pre-packaged pancakes, I soon discovered that they were pretty pricey considering what they are made of. So, I decided to make them on my own. I made 2 batches (24 pancakes) and placed them on a cookie sheet and placed them in the freezer. You keep them there for around 20 to 30 minutes remove and place in a freezer bag and place in the freezer.



The kids can grab the pancakes in the morning and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and there you go!!
It only took me around 10 minutes preparation time, and the kids have a hot breakfast in 1 minute!! Cheap, Easy and Quick!!

No comments: