Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Goals

2011 Goals...where to begin....there is so much I want to accomplish, I can get totally overwhelmed by it.
1. Continue to get my debit paid off. This year was the first Christmas that we absolutely did not purchase one thing on a credit card. It felt great!! Yes, Christmas was a lot smaller in the gift area, but you know what it was GREAT!! We had a wonderful and blessed Christmas without the "stuff"!! So, it has really empowered me to even be more intense about living simpler and with more of a purpose than just collecting stuff!
2. Become healthier in our eating and lifestyle. I continue to get the processed junk out of this house! Christmas was a bit of a slip up with all the sweet goodies. But, now it's back on track. I am constantly on the search for healthy frugal recipes and I am enjoying the journey. Also, I am becoming more aware of the chemicals that I am using cleaning and using on our bodies. I have made several improvements and will continue to work on this.
3. Learn to cook venison. I am still a beginner. I have been blessed with some deer meat and I am experimenting with it and look forward to cooking more with it.
4. Making more cleaning products. I have started making my own laundry detergent that is so cheap and healthy!! I will post the recipe later. Next I'm making my own dishwasher detergent and natural cleaning products. My great friend Elise gave me a book for Christmas with lots and lots of recipes I'm excited to try! Not only is this going to be healthier for our family, but also save us money.
5. Start back on my stockpiling of food. My goal is to get at least 3 months or more of food stockpiled. For those wondering why...well, we never know what the future holds. I want to make sure that I have the means to take care of my family. Prices are going up but not paychecks, jobs are uncertain, economy is scary and honestly I am not sure how much tribulation the church will see before the rapture. My spirit has been telling me for a while to get prepared. I have been distracted or unable due to money, but I truly want to get back on track with this. I have storage issues, but that's not going to stop me!

Well, that is my narrowed down list. There are a couple of things that I did not list, but I consider them a given...
I want to strive to put the Lord first in my life, read the Word more, Worship more, Serve more, submit more, surrender more....I want MORE of the Lord!!
I want to be a better wife and Mom.
I want to slow down and enjoy life instead of going wide open and feeling like I have to constantly be doing something...I want to spend more time just being. To savor each moment instead of looking for the "next" moment to happen.
Okay, I could possibly go on forever with this list, so I will stop now.
So, there you have it...my condensed version of my 2011 goals!!

No comments: