Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Goodwill make over!

Recently...well, over a month ago...I stumbled across a medicine cabinet at Goodwill. I had been looking for something for Trent's bathroom. I snatched it up at $6. It was missing knobs and was a bit beat up...but I knew I was going to paint it and that it would be okay if it didn't look the best in the world. So, I bought some spray primer and a couple of cans of white spray paint...and got Jeff busy! Lol! He lightly sanded it and then primer it...once dry it took a couple of coats of white spray paint, but it was finally done. We then went and bought new knobs for it...and there you go! A Goodwill makeover! I spent less than $16 total. The paint was around $6 and the knobs were less than $2 a piece! Now, Trent has all his "stuff" off the counter and inside the medicine cabinet. I love looking for Goodwill deals and makeovers! I am still a newbie at it, but it is rather addicting!!

Doors off and ready to sand and primer!


Primed and ready to spray white paint!


The finished product!


Now, I am on the look out for decorating ideas for the top of the medicine cabinet, it needs a little something. But, my house is always a work in progress...it just means more trips to Goodwill! Lol!

No comments: