Friday, February 27, 2009

A bargain or not....


While at Wal-Mart, I found this hair color for $2.97! Now, I am always on the look out for a bargain! My roots were starting to show a bit, so I gave it a try. I only color my hair once every 2 months or so...that would be around $1.50 a month for color! Lol!
It is a basic coloring kit, no thrills here. It had conditioner, but for only one application. The color was true to the box, I was completely satisfied with how it colored my hair. It took a little longer than I usually spend; I usually leave color on for 15 to 20 minutes and this called for 25 minutes. But, the color was nice and shiny! The only problem I have with this is the conditioner. It didn't have a pretty smell to it...it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't a fragrance I would have chosen! Lol! I like the kits with the conditioner that has a weekly treatment for a month, this had only one application. Now as far as conditioners goes, it was okay...so I really can't complain about it...except the smell of it! Lol! But, I will have to buy an intensive conditioner or hot oil treatment for a $2 or $3 to make up for the fact I don't have a weekly treatment. But, my hair is fine and breaks easily...so if you don't have that problem you may get by without buying anything additional. So, it may have cost me $2.97, but you add the additional conditioning treatments for $2 or $3...and well, I might have saved a dollar or two. I don't usually spend a lot on my color kits (I'm cheap! Remember!). I never spend more than $8 for a color kit and MOST of the time it's less with coupons.
If your hair doesn't need a lot of conditioning like mine does...go for it! In my opinion, it's a nice product...just needs more conditioner with a different smell! Okay! Okay! I will be quiet about the smell!.

No comments: