Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Menu plan for Oct. 1st-14th

I have finished up my dinner menu plan for the next 2 weeks.

Beef Stew with biscuits
Breakfast dinner
Baked Spaghetti (No meat dinner)
Chili and cornbread
Loaded Baked potatoes and salad (no meat dinner)
Pinto Beans and fried potatoes (a southern no meat favorite)
Lasagna
Quesadillas
Pizza
Salmon cakes
Tater Tot casserole
Potato Soup and cheese melts (no meat dinner)
Beefy Baked Beans
Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole
Mexican casserole (using leftover pinto beans)

Most of my dinners I use very little meat. I use beans, noodles or rice as my fillers. I also use my veggie side dishes to help with big appetites. Most of the time I am planning a salad and a fruit for dessert.
I am wanting to switch up my breakfasts and lunches a bit. I would love to try smoothies for breakfast, but I'm not sure how cost efficient it would be. I have become quite lazy and have not made any pancakes (for freezer), muffins or chewy oatmeal bars. So, I'm hoping to change that and have a cooking for the freezer day! I may become brave and try homemade bread again. The last batch turned out heavy and doughy! Yuck! I am still on a search for a bread machine at the thrift stores or yard sales. So far, no luck! :-(
I tend to get in a rut with meals. My family doesn't complain, but I like to switch things up. My air conditioner is kept on 78 to 80 degrees to save money,
now that it is becoming cooler I am wanting to cook more.
I am still tweaking my grocery budget and menu plan. I will post how well I did tomorrow after my shopping trip.

No comments: